Here at Block Zero, we strongly believe in not being an asshole. We believe in human rights, tolerance and acceptance. Everyone has the right to feel safe and accepted in (and outside) our office. Therefore we have produced a set of core standards which represent our beliefs and values.
Some of the some values and shared beliefs that we operate on:
- Our ambition is to have a diverse workplace in terms of gender, age, experience, ethnicity, skills and background. We take this into account when recruiting.
- English is the language we use. Fluency in English is a requirement for all employees.
- As a company we work hard to respect all different types of needs, tastes, beliefs and preferences. We will always try to accommodate for special needs, to a reasonable extent.
- Everybody at Block Zero is multi-talented and expected to take on large responsibility. We support each other with everything where possible also beyond our role descriptions and asking for help when necessary is highly encouraged.
- Block Zero profiles itself as a high-quality design studio. Everything we produce must be high quality, for example presentations, documents, social media posts and other media. And of course deliverables. We try to stay away from quick-and-dirty.
- We want to be a place where everyone feels welcome, where their opinions matter and where they feel what they contribute matters. We therefore strive to have multiple forms of open dialogue ongoing between everyone at the studio and establish processes for active participation in how we run our studio.
- We strive to be inclusive and tolerant. Therefore we do not accept racism, sexism or any other form of intolerance. We stand by the LGBTQ rights movement, the feminist movement and the anti racism movement. We expect all of our employees to support this, and behave in this regard, both at and outside of work. We do not tolerate any form of sexual harassment.
- We want to work with all kinds of clients that make this world a better place. That means different things to different people, but for us we defined it like this: We do not work with companies directly involved in online gambling, fossil fuel production or weapons production. We also don’t work with greenwashing, pinkwashing or misleading people in other ways. Our expertise lies in making things clear and understandable, not the opposite.